The ManageFlitter spam score is a percentage between 0% and 100% on how likely we believe an account is to being a fake, or low-value account built purely to game Twitter's metrics. If the account has a score greater than 50% then we mark the account as being fake.
We take a number of factors into consideration with this score including;
- The ratio of followers vs following
- The number of posts the account has made vs the number of followers it has
- The number of times the account has been listed by other accounts
- How often the account posts links
- How quickly the account follows other accounts
- How many details such as avatar, account name and bio have been filled out
- How many people follow the account back
- If the account has been verified
We are always changing this algorithm to make it smarter and more accurate. We will be rolling out a button where you can notify us if an account is not fake when we have marked it as fake so we can continue to improve our algorithms.